Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day Whatever! :)


Crazy busy! Sorry I haven’t posted much!

I realized today… or was reminded, that those of you following don’t actually know exactly what I’m doing. So I’m going to share that with you. The past week in the morning we have been going to a place called Casitas which is like an orphanage for girls ages 11 or 12 to 18, where we do a short devotional, craft, and games. There are a few younger ones, but only because they are the children of the girls who live there. We also have been blessed to be a part of a worship time that they have each morning that really touched my heart. Casitas is always filled over capacity. Yesterday at Casitas we did a lesson on dating and purity and then made flowers out of construction paper. It went really well. Afterwards I mostly hung out with a girl named Nicole who is DARLING!! We sat and held hands while they played a movie. By the time it was time to go she was asleep in my lap.  I wish I could truly express how much I love and care about these girls to them. Words cannot describe. Not that I could tell they anyways… since I can’t speak Spanish. ;) 



Then in the afternoons we have been going to the CTC (community transformation center) and teaching English! ( Something to add to my resume!!! ;)  Woo Hoo!)

And in the evening we go to a place called the transition home which is where a select group of girls (around 10) live and are learning to live in a family setting and how to take care of themselves. They are all from Casitas. I’ve REALLY enjoyed that! I LOVE being at that house.  I just feel comfortable and at home. The girls are so nice and it’s easier to communicate since they are a little older and there is such a small group. We’ve been doing little mini devotions and projects/ crafts. So far we have made pizza with them, covered journals with fabric, made tissue paper flowers, painted, and last night we watched a Honduran soccer game with them! But they lost. L

Today is a free day/ planning day, and so is tomorrow after church. We might go to the mall or market this afternoon. J

Next week will be totally different. We will be loving on babies from an orphanage called Nueve Esperanza (which means new hope) in the morning, still teaching English in the afternoons, but with our own curriculum, and then we will have the evenings to plan for the next day. It should be a little  more relaxed than this past week.

Sorry this is so long! I hope you have enjoyed it though!! I’m having a blast on my trip!

Fierce and Love,


Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment